1. What made you want to become a photographer?
I really wanted to be a writer, but it is a painfully introverted craft and I felt myself getting socially-awkward. So I decided to become a photographer instead, where being socially-awkward is called ‘character’.
2. What has been the most memorable moment of your career?
Being asked ‘most memorable moment’ at the start of my career, ha ha. Actually one of my milestone moments, in all honesty, was seeing my name on the door of the studio for my first ‘real’ job. Studio 2 out at Root BKN in fact.
3. If you did something different for a living, what would it be?
Something more clip-boardy, where you have to wear a tie, but you can have your sleeves rolled.
4. What is your personal mantra?
Keep gloves up, elbows tucked, stance wide, eyes open.
5. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I am a completist when it comes to Kingdom Rush.
6. Ideal Dinner party? Dead or Alive.
Stuart Staples for music, Haddock for drinks, Claudia Cardinale for obvious reasons, and of course, friends and family, though never more than 8 total.
7. If you could only choose one song to play every time you walked into a room, what would it be?
The Simpsons Jug Song.
Photography by Marielle Sales