SEVEN ON SET is a twice-monthly interview series that takes a closer look at creative individuals. In this installation, we interviewed NYC-based stylist Colby Cecca.
1. What made you want to become a Stylist?
I was working on my own music and found myself constantly needing to source materials and outfits for shows and videos. I started making mood boards with the friends I was working with and we began renting costumes and thrifting around New York. Simultaneous to that, I also started assisting my aunt who’s been a stylist for over 30 years, and once I stepped into that realm I ran with it.
2. What has been the most memorable moment of your career?
I was flown to Vegas a few months ago to assist on a Nike X NFL Campaign and it was the most challenging and rewarding experience to date.
3. If you did something different for a living, what would it be?
4. What is your personal mantra?
“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost.” – Martha Graham
5. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I did gymnastics for about 13 years
6. Ideal Dinner party? Dead or Alive.
Beatles, Hendrix, Bowie, and Elvis.
7. If you could choose only one song to play every time you walked into a room for the rest of your life, what would it be?
La femme d’argent – Air
Photography by Peggy Gertner