SEVEN ON SET is a twice-monthly interview series that takes a closer look at creative individuals. In this installation, we interviewed NYC-based Creative Director Lucas Lefler. In addition to his work at Lucas Lefler Sudio, he is also the Global Image Director of Theory.
1. What made you want to become a Creative Director?
I tried architecture, but found this as a better way to express my vision of the world in a shorter amount of time.
2. What has been the most memorable moment of your career?
Being discovered and hired by J.W. Anderson through my Instagram account, @lucas_lefler, to work on the rebrand of Loewe.
3. If you did something different for a living, what would it be?
A Travel Agent or Chiropractor.
4. What is your personal mantra?
“When life gives you lemons, put nine in a bowl!” – Shannon Beaudor
5. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
People would be surprised to know that I was a very talented young quilt maker.
6. Ideal Dinner party? Dead or Alive.
Me, my mom, and Hillary Clinton.
7. If you could only choose one song to play every time you walked into a room for the rest of your life, what would it be?
“Copycat” by Kelis
Photography by Peggy Gertner