1. What made you want to become a photographer/director?
Its always something that’s been part of my life. I’m not a very verbal person and I’ve always communicated naturally through capturing moments, and then using them to tell stories.
2. What has been the most memorable moment of your career?
When the cast of my short film threw down for me, lost all their inhibitions, and let their inner animals take over. It was the most amazing moment of my life to see all these women throw, hit, spit, scream, and wild out for the project. We created a real fight club. And then we all kissed and made up. It was the best.
3. If you did something different for a living, what would it be?
4. What is your personal mantra?
At the moment…the words of Sia – “runnin’ out of breath but I got stamina”.
5. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
It took YEARS for Hanson to stop being my favorite band.
6. Ideal Dinner party? Dead or Alive.
Andrea Arnold, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Alice Springs, Britney Spears, Joan of Arc.
7. If you could only choose one song to play every time you walked into a room for the rest of your life, what would it be?
“How Many Licks” by Lil Kim
Photography by Peggy Gertner