1. What made you want to become a designer?
I actually fell into this job and didn’t realize how much I loved it until I was already doing it. I always loved dressing up and the idea that a costume can be transformative.
2. What as been the most memorable moment of your career?
Seeing one of my dresses on Sarah Jessica Parker in the first Sex and the City movie was up there!
3. If you did something different for a living, what would it be?
I would probably go to culinary school.
4. What is your personal mantra?
I’ll let you know when I figure it out!
5. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I’m pretty open so this is toughie. Nothing makes me happier than clean sheets.
6. Ideal Dinner party? Dead or Alive.
Honestly? I think my brother, my parents and my best friends. Including any dead people would be too much pressure on the evening.
7. If you could only choose one song to play every time you walked into a room for the rest of your life, what would it be?
‘Because I got High’
8. A lot of your collection has feminist themes. Is there a book, person, or event that has inspired your work?
Too many to mention! It is a subject that is very much a part of my daily life and because of that, it comes out in my work.
Photography by Peggy Gertner