1. What made you want to become a photographers?
Karl – Really just stumbled upon it and thought it was a lot of fun so I figured I just might try to support myself doing it. You know, do what you love, that kind of thing.
Kristof – I had a really great and somewhat eccentric teacher for my first photo class in college, which essentially led me onto this weird but intriguing path of being a photographer.
2. What has been the most memorable moment of your career?
Karl – Realizing that I actually might have a career.
Kristof – Hard to say as it’s barely just getting started! Although I would say moving to NYC has been a big step in the right direction.
3. If you did something different for a living, what would it be?
Karl – A dog walker in LA. They seem just as happy as the dogs they are walking.
Kristof – I would be a carpenter or perhaps a motocross racer, something more physical.
4. What is your personal mantra?
Karl – Have a good time, all the time.
Kristof – Keep moving.
5. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
Karl – I’m an extreme neat freak! I need everything around me to be organized or I can’t focus on anything.
Kristof – I know how to roast a whole pig and can easily shuck pounds of oysters per hour.
6. Ideal Dinner party? Dead or Alive.
Karl – I’m more than happy with my closest friends and family, although it would be awesome to have Philip Seymour Hoffman at the dinner party.
Kristof – The entire cast of Parks and Recreation, in character.
7. If you could only choose one song to play every time you walked into a room for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Karl – ‘Science Killer’ by The Black Angels
Kristof – ‘Rock Lobster’ by The B-52’s
Photography by Peggy Gertner