– Being the point of contact for all motion and digital equipment requests.
– Service, maintain, and perform quality control on photography and video cameras, camera accessories, lenses, audio, and digital equipment. Digital equipment includes computers, monitors, printers, and any peripherals.
– Assisting clients with their digital needs by answering any questions, researching options, and testing out possible solutions.
– Managing sub-rental and vendor relationships.
– Providing walk-in, telephone and email support for any technical issues that may arise throughout a client’s shoot.
– Maintaining the cleanliness of Root’s rental equipment and the digital suite on a daily basis.
– Identifying any necessary repairs and sending out gear to be repaired by outside vendors when necessary.
– Root’s camera gear includes but is not limited to RED Weapon Helium 8K, Arri Alexa Mini, Canon C300 Mark II, Sony FS7 Mark II, BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Cameras, Canon DSLRs, Nikon DSLRS, Sony Mirrorless cameras. Root’s digital gear includes but is not limited to Apple Computers, Inovativ Carts, Epson Printers, Eizo Monitors.
Candidate must have the following:
– Industry-relevant college degree.
– Hands-on experience in the camera department, either on set or in a rental house.
– Be available to work a flexible schedule. Possible early mornings and/or late nights depending on the workload.
– Excellent communication and customer service skills in person, on the phone, and in writing.
– Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
– Strong technical background.
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
– Ability to lift at least 50lbs.
– Neat appearance and positive attitude.
– Proficiency in Capture One Software, Adobe Creative Suite, and Mac OS is a plus.
Compensation: commensurate with experience.
Please send your cover letter, resume, or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our current team is growing and we are seeking people to join our maintenance team! The candidate will be responsible for keeping our facilities clean at both locations with handyman experience. We are looking for someone who is personable and possesses a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
Candidate must have the following:
– Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
– Prior experience working with maintaining office suites or photo studios (a plus!)
– Familiarity with cleaning chemicals, proper storage and disposal methods
– Experience with painting & plastering, minor electrical, and plumbing
– Bilingual a plus! (Spanish/English, Spanish preferred.)
– Organizational skills, multi-tasking and detail-oriented
– Ability to work well with others, excellent communication skills
– Good time management skills
– Honest & Trustworthy
– Following all health and safety regulations
– Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
– Setting up furniture and equipment back into the studios
– Communication with the rest of the maintenance on any on-set or post-production needs
– Self-motivation and ability to identify and complete needed tasks with direct supervision
This position has growth potential.
The work is regularly performed in a combination with both locations, throughout the external grounds, and off-site if required. You will be exposed to open radicals within your environment such as dust, odors, and noise.
Please send your cover letter, resume, or portfolio to julianR@rootnyc.com.